This month, we decided to feature a perfect and simple way to sweeten your favorite tea - jam! Adding jam to tea creates a more complex sweetness and a satisfying texture you don't get from just sugar or honey. We created two jam tea recipes that are both refreshing and delightfully sweet. After a long day of experimentation, we found that the mixtures of Raspberry Dreamy Green tea with blueberry jam, and Bright Peach Black tea with apricot jam created idyllic summer beverages.
(recommended serving size: 12 oz)
- 3 teaspoons Raspberry Dreamy Green or Bright Peach Black tea
- 1-2 tablespoons blueberry or apricot jam
- Measure 1-2 tablespoons blueberry or apricot jam into a heat safe cup.
- Put 3 teaspoons of our Raspberry Dreamy Green or Bright Peach Black tea into a tea bag or infuser. Add 1½ cup of 180 degree water for green tea over blueberry jam or 1½ cup of 200 degree water for black tea over apricot jam and steep tea for 4 minutes.
- Stir to combine and pour jam tea over a generous amount of ice.
If neither of these flavor combinations excites your tastebuds, feel free to combine any tea and jam flavor that appeal to you for a mouth-watering beverage!
Written by Shelby Peiser