Tasty Teas For Your Thanksgiving Day!
When we think of Thanksgiving, we often think of family and traditions. From stuffing our bellies with secret recipes to playing football in the front yard, each tradition is unique and holds a special place in our hearts. Although many traditions are specific to each family, we believe it is important to create memories by sharing new traditions with others. One of our favorite Thanksgiving traditions at Hackberry is to brew tea recipes reminiscent of the autumn flavors we love. From a seasonal spiced blend to a festive fruity brew, there is a Thanksgiving-inspired tea recipe and a new holiday tradition for all to enjoy!
Before we dive into our Thanksgiving tea recipes, let us first explore some of our favorite ready-made tea blends for this time of year. We understand that there is a lot of preparation and cooking before the grand feast is enjoyed. The trick to checking off the to-do list without needing a snooze is a cup of black tea. A simple but classic English Breakfast will do the trick, or if you want a little more flavor, Warm Vanilla Chai will add some pep and spice to your day. If you are looking for something caffeine free to sip on throughout the day, there is nothing that screams “Thanksgiving” more than a cup of our Hibiscus Cranberry Cherry. This caffeine-free tisane blend will remind you of your aunt’s signature cranberry sauce. After a day full of eating, a warm cup of tea to relax and settle the stomach is an ideal way to the holiday. If you need a tea to help wind down from the excitement, our Evening Peace & Quiet is the perfect accompaniment for a relaxed night and deep sleep. Depending on your mood or the climate you live in, every tea can be enjoyed hot or iced.
Thanksgiving Themed Recipes:
Spiced Cranberry Tea *8 Servings
Cranberries and cinnamon come together for a tart and spiced beverage, perfect to sip with your Thanksgiving meal. Not only is it delicious, but the vibrant red color is appealing to the eye! This recipe is caffeinated but can be caffeine-free with an herbal substitute.What You’ll Need:
- 12 ounces of fresh cranberries
- 8 cups of water
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 whole cloves
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 2 oranges
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons of plain Black Tea (or Hibiscus Cranberry Cherry for a caffeine-free option)
- In a large pan, place the cranberries in water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover the pan, and allow the cranberries to soften over a simmer for 30 minutes.
- Turn the heat off and combine the orange juice, lemon juice, cloves, cinnamon sticks, sugar, and tea leaves. Make sure the loose-leaf tea is contained in a large steeper or multiple filter bags.
- Steep the tea for 5 minutes and then remove the tea bags. Continue to steep the covered pan for 30-60 minutes to release and combine the flavors. The kitchen will smell amazing! Note, if the mixture is cooling down too fast, turn the stove heat on to low.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and cloves and serve in your favorite mugs. Top it off with some extra cranberries or a lemon slice for garnish. Enjoy!
Iced Autumn Spice Punch *8 Servings
Here in Arizona, it is still warm enough that an iced beverage is often enjoyed on Thanksgiving Day. This Autumn inspired punch is packed full of fall-flavored fruits and spices and is the perfect accompaniment to a delicious meal or busy cooking day. You will find yourself refilling your glass over and over! This recipe is caffeinated but can also be a kid-friendly treat by using a caffeine-free tea blend.What You’ll Need:
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 8 whole cloves
- 8 cups of apple juice
- 2-3 tablespoons of Raspberry Black or Blackberry Jasmine Green (or V.V. Berry for a caffeine free option)
- 1 orange, sliced for garnish
- Combine the apple juice, cloves, and cinnamon sticks in a large pan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add loose-leaf tea. Make sure the loose-leaf tea is contained in a large steeper or multiple filter bags. Steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bags and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature. Afterwards, you can put it in the refrigerator to chill.
- When it is time to serve, remove the spices, and pour into glasses with ice. Top it off with some orange slices for garnish. Enjoy!
Brown Sugar Chai Tea Latte *Single Serving
- 1-1.5 tsp of Hackberry Warm Vanilla Chai Black Tea
- 8 oz Water
- 1 tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Steep Warm Vanilla Chai following steeping instructions.
- Boil water, add cinnamon and sugar to make syrup.
- Combine syrup and tea.
- Top with milk. Enjoy!