We are excited to introduce a new bit here at Hackberry, our Recipe of the Month! Tea is delicious on its own, but it can also be used to create mouth-watering tea lattes and other tea-based drinks. We want to share some of our favorite tea recipes with our customers to give you all the chance to try these tasty treats at home.
We’ll be kicking off this series with a Strawberry Tea Latte, the perfect concoction to fall in love with this Valentine’s Day season. To make this drink you’ll need our Strawberry Fields fruit tisane and our Earl Grey tea. Additionally, you’ll want to grab your milk of choice and some vanilla simple syrup. We strongly recommend making this drink hot, because when cold the hibiscus ingredient in the tea can cause milk to curdle.
Strawberry Tea Latte
- ½ teaspoon Earl Grey tea
- 1 teaspoon Strawberry Fields tea
- 1 tablespoon vanilla simple syrup
- ½ cup milk of choice
- Mix a half teaspoon of Earl Grey tea and one teaspoon of Strawberry Fields tea in a tea bag or infuser and steep at 210 degrees Fahrenheit for four minutes.
- Measure one tablespoon (or about one pump) of vanilla simple syrup into a cup. After the tea has finished steeping, remove the bag or infuser and pour the tea into the cup with the vanilla syrup.
- Steam your milk of choice and pour it over your tea.
- Garnish with a dried strawberry for a fun visual twist!
This drink is smooth and subtle, and the mixture of tea and milk creates a delightful pinkish-purple color that works great for Valentine's Day or with the floral hues of spring. Please note that this drink does contain a small amount of caffeine, found within the Earl Grey tea. If you are looking for a decaf option, check out our Decaf Earl Grey.
Written by Kourtney Camm